J. Tooson is a proven Trial Lawyer and negotiator at Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP. Attorney J. Tooson attended Harvard Business School’s negotiation mastery certificate program and received his Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School where he was Student Body Vice-President. Attorney J. Tooson earned his stellar reputation in the legal community for his unique ability in the court room to try any case, with any facts, at any time and attain the most favorable outcome.
Attorney J. Tooson is a National Top 100 Trial Lawyer, California Super Lawyer Rising Star three years in a row and a Legal Analyst for ABC Good Morning America and People magazine.
Prior to launching his private practice, Attorney J. Tooson worked for the government for more than 7 years where he amassed over 60 Jury Trials and led his peers in not guilty verdicts year after year. Attorney J. Tooson is no stranger to helping good individuals in tough situations. Attorney J. Tooson has successfully defended the most complex Felony cases from murder to kidnapping, to DUI with serious bodily injury. Attorney J. Tooson is equally accomplished in litigating civil cases where he has amassed millions in verdicts and settlements in complex personal injury and employment suits.
Attorney J. Tooson sits on several boards and has cultivated outstanding relationships with Judges, Prosecutors and high ranking Politicians throughout Southern California. Attorney J. Tooson has been featured in the Los Angeles Times, New York Times, Rolling Stone Magazine, Billboard Magazine and The Huffington Post for cases he has handled. Prior to practicing law, Attorney J. Tooson represented NFL Athletes as a NFL Agent handling their multi-million dollar contract negotiations.
Notable Verdicts/ Settlements
- $1,000,000 Car Accident/ Wrongful Death: Clients were hit by a drunk driver who ran a red light
- $678,500 Car Accident/ Wrongful Death: Client was struck by Defendant as Client was leaving church
- $440,000 Medical Malpractice: Client was released from hospital after complaining of chest pains prior to passing away 2 hours later
- $135,000 Car Accident: Client was struck by Defendant who ran a red light
- $75,000 Employment/ Wrongful termination: Client was fired after informing employer she was pregnant
- $100,000 Slip and Fall: Client slipped on wet substance in grocery store
- $75,000 Housing Discrimination
- Harvard Business School - Negotiation Mastery Certificate Program
- Loyola Law School - Jurist Doctorate
- Morehouse College - Bachelors Degree English
- National Top 100 Trial Lawyer 3 years in a row 2016, 2017, 2018
- CA Super Lawyer Rising Star 3 years in a row 2016, 2017, 2018
- Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Avvo Client Choice Award
- Good Morning Amerca ABC Legal Analyst
- Avvo Rated Superb
- Named "10 Best" California Attorney
- KJLH Radio Host
- Loyola Law School Guest Speaker