With costume parties and many other types of festivities occurring on Halloween night, the streets and even walkways can become extremely dangerous. While some choose to stay home and pass out candies to trick-or-treaters, others choose to consume large amounts of alcohol at social gatherings.
Sadly, many of the people who do choose to drink still get behind the wheel, putting other drivers and pedestrians at risk for serious harm. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that in 2012, 54 people were killed on Halloween night. Of that total, 26 of these deaths were caused by drunk drivers. One quarter of these Halloween car accident fatalities were also pedestrian accidents.
To stay safe, consider the helpful tips we have listed below:
- If you drink on Halloween night, make sure you call a taxi, friend, or parent to deliver you home safely.
- If you drink but live in close proximity from the party venue, have a sober friend walk you home.
- Try to avoid getting on or near the road. If possible, stay home or wait to drive, anywhere, until the next day.
- If you must walk on Halloween night, travel in large groups. This will make you and your friends more visible to drivers.
- Walk in well-lit areas. This will make you more visible to motorists.
Involved in an Accident on Halloween Night? Let the Ventura Injury Law Group Represent You
If you have sustained an injury due to the negligence of another individual, contact our Ventura personal injury lawyers at Lessem Newstate & Tooson, LLP today. We can provide fearless and relentless advocacy to help you recover maximum financial compensation for any physical harms emotional distresses, or lost wages you may suffer as a result. When you choose to work with our firm, you can rest easily knowing that we will take the time to understand every detail of your case. We are dedicated to obtaining positive results for our clients no matter what their circumstances may be.
Contact our Ventura personal injury attorneys from our firm today and we will provide you with a risk-free consultation.