Sex Crime Defense Lawyer in Los Angeles
Charged with a Sexual Offense?
Sex crimes cover a wide range of acts, including:
- Sexual assault
- Indecent exposure
- Lewd or lascivious acts with a child
- Lewd acts in public
- Penetration with a foreign object
- Internet sex crimes such as child pornography
Our team at Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP are equipped to represent all of these charges, and more. If you are being investigated or have already been arrested for a sex crime, contact us today.
Schedule your free case review.
Consequences of a Sex Crimes Conviction
Being convicted pf a sexual-related offense can have devastating consequences on many areas of your professional and personal life:
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender: When convicted of most sex crimes it is mandatory to register as a sex offender. This registry is a public record and anyone can view it and see that you have been convicted of a sex crime. In addition, a registered sex offender's residential information is a matter of public record.
- Job & housing difficulties: Having a sex crime conviction can limit your job and housing opportunities because employers and landlords are reluctant to take risks when hiring individuals with criminal records. If you are on the registry, you are also not allowed to live or be near certain areas with children, such as schools and parks.
- Negative effect on custody cases: We have unfortunately seen in our years of experience that people too often falsely accuse spouses and exes of sex crimes. Children are sometimes convinced to lie in order to seek some kind of revenge for a break-up. This can have devastating and tragic results.
We understand what is at stake when facing sexual charges. Our attorneys are ready to put our decades of experience defending sex crimes on your side.
Call a Team with Experience Defending Sex Charges
The challenge is that a sex crime usually involves just two people and it is the word of one against another. You want to make sure that the criminal defense attorney whom you hire is aggressive, experienced, cannot be fooled and will not fail to fight for your rights. Our firm has over 50 years of combined experience defending clients. We are not afraid to go to trial when we cannot get the case dismissed or charges dropped.
Contact us online to get started on your sex crimes defense.
I have nothing but praise.
We are very pleased and impressed!
DEFINITELY the best lawyer
I will recommend you and your firm to anyone
No Jail Time