Scooter Injury Lawyer in Los Angeles
Serving Victims Injured in of Scooter Accidents Across SoCal
Sharable electric scooters have been the latest technology to revolutionize the transportation industry. In places as large and spread out as Los Angeles, as well as in other metro areas across Southern California, rental e-scooters have been seen as a cost-effective, convenient, and fun way to get around town. Unfortunately, the sudden arrival of these new technologies and the sheer scope of their presence in many local cities and neighborhoods have also increased risks for accidents and preventable injuries.
At Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP, our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers are committed to protecting the rights of victims injured in all types of accidents involving sharable scooters. If you have been harmed in an e-scooter accident due to another’s negligence, our team can help you learn more about your rights when it comes to the personal injury claim process and a financial recovery of your damages.
Why Choose Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP?
- Nationally Recognized Trial Attorneys
- Decades of Collective Legal Experience
- A Record of Proven Results in Accident / Injury Cases
- 24/7 Availability & Personalized Service
Get the facts you need about your rights, potential claim, and what our award-winning team can do to help. Contact Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP for a FREE consultation by calling (800) 462-7160.
Scooter Accidents & Your Right to Compensation
Similar to how rideshare companies like Lyft and Uber changed the way we commute and find available rides, sharable service companies such as Lime, Bird, Skip, and other start-ups enable smart phone users to find available scooters nearby, unlock and ride them, and be charged pay-as-you-go fees at the click of the button. Though fun and highly convenient, these rental electric scooters also pose accident risks that include, like Uber and Lyft, traditional risks associated with negligence, and new types of risks associated with products and services for which there are limited or still-developing laws, regulations, and case law regarding liability.
Whatever the facts of your scooter accident may be – and whether you were a rider, a pedestrian or cyclist, or an occupant in a motor vehicle – you have the right to hold parties responsible for your injuries if those injuries could and should have been prevented. Accomplishing this requires meeting the essential elements of a personal injury claim.
Examples of the types of scooter accident cases which may enable victims to file personal injury lawsuits and seek accountability from at-fault parties include:
- Pedestrian accidents, including accidents where pedestrians are struck and injured by scooter riders or where pedestrians are injured by abandoned scooters, which often don’t need to be docked in specific or safe locations.
- Bicycle accidents involving negligent scooter riders, including riders who operated their scooters recklessness on bike lanes.
- Scooter accidents in which riders suffer preventable injuries due to the negligence of motorists, including drunk drivers or distracted drivers.
- Scooter accidents stemming from faulty or defective products or parts, as well as poorly maintained scooters.
- Scooter accidents arising from defective roadways (i.e. unsafe roadway conditions like potholes) or as the result of dangerous conditions property owners knew about, or should have known about, but failed to address (premises liability).
- Car accident cases involving drivers or passengers who suffer injury as a result of negligent scooter riders or abandoned scooters.
Because scooter accident cases can vary drastically, in-depth investigations become critical to exploring a victim’s rights and options. Our team focuses on determining the types of issues involved in these accidents, as well as the party or parties which may be potentially held liable. Our goal is to demonstrate how a defendant failed to meet their “duty of care,” which typically means acting negligently or unlawfully, and how that breach of duty more likely than not caused preventable harm and damages for which victims should be compensated. These damages include things like medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering, among other financial and emotional damages.
Request a FREE Review of Your Case Today
Following any type of accident, ensuring your health and taking the needed actions to conduct investigations and begin exploring your rights requires you to act as soon as possible. By turning to experienced and proven lawyers who have the resources and passion for helping victims in their times of need, you can gain the guidance to navigate the legal journey ahead, and ensure your claim meets the required elements needed to prevail.
Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP is committed to helping clients put their lives back together after accidents that could have been avoided, and has recovered millions of dollars in compensation through both verdicts and settlements throughout the years. Learn more about your rights and our firm’s services by requesting a FREE review of your case. Contact us today to get started.