Many of the cases we take on involving juvenile crimes are usually for misdemeanor offenses, such as shoplifting or fighting. Although most of the juvenile clients we represent are first-time offenders, some are facing felony charges for serious crimes like murder and rape. Below, we list some of the common juvenile cases our firm handles:
- Disorderly Conduct: Incidents like fighting in public, verbally assaulting a teacher, or indecent exposure are examples of disorderly conduct.
- Curfew Violations: Minors are subject to local curfew restrictions that can result in fines and other punishments if violated.
- Vandalism: Minors often act recklessly thinking they’re just having fun or playing around. From spraying a wall with graffiti to drawing inappropriate images in public spaces, there are a number of actions a minor can engage in that can result in vandalism charges.
- Alcohol & Marijuana Offenses: Underage individuals caught drinking alcohol or consuming marijuana can face serious criminal charges that can follow them into their future, diminishing their job and educational prospects.
- Traffic Violations: Young drivers are commonly cited for speeding and reckless driving violations, like having passengers in the back of a pickup truck. Driving without a license is another common traffic violation among juveniles.
- Theft: Shoplifting, stealing from other juveniles, and taking items from school are just a few examples of theft crimes that commonly involve minors.
Skilled & Dedicated Legal Representatives in Your Corner
Do you have a minor child who is being charged with a criminal offense? If so, reach out to our lawyers at Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP to get assistance from our qualified legal team. We understand how scary and stressful it can be when your child is arrested. But with guidance from our knowledgeable lawyers and our extensive resources backing you up, you can feel confident knowing that our team will fight to protect their rights.Call us at (800) 462-7160 today to schedule a case consultation so we can get started building a strong legal strategy for your unique situation.