Our lawyers at Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP are committed to helping clients with devastating injuries from bike accidents recover maximum compensation for their damages. When a person suffers a serious injury due to another person’s negligence, they can take legal action to pursue financial compensation for their physical injuries, financial losses, and emotional distress. Unfortunately, bike accidents occur far more often than most people realize, which is why it is important to be aware of some of the common injuries that occur in these types of accidents
The following are common injuries that people sustain in bike accidents:
- Facial Injuries: Even when riders are wearing helmets, they can still sustain severe facial injuries, such as soft tissue injuries or even facial bone fractures.
- Dislocated Joints: It’s only natural to put your arms and hands in front of your body or face to break a fall from a bicycle. Unfortunately, this type of physical action can result in the dislocation of joints in your arms, wrist, shoulder, and fingers.
- Head Injuries: Although helmets are supposed to protect the brain and head from injury during an accident, the force of the impact can be devastating and can result in injuries like skull fractures and concussions.
- Dental Injuries: Unlike football players and other athletes, bike riders usually don’t use mouth-guards to protect their teeth. A collision with a vehicle or pedestrian can result in chipped or cracked teeth, as well as other dental injuries.
- Neck Injuries: Bicycle crashes often leave riders with nerve damage, joint pain, and muscle damage in the neck and upper back area.
- Fatalities: Sadly, the lack of protection afforded by bicycles leaves riders vulnerable to fatal injuries, especially in collisions with motor vehicles.
We Handle Bicycle Accidents Cases in Los Angeles
Our skilled lawyers have the legal insight and extensive resources clients need on their side to fight for the justice and compensation they deserve after suffering a serious injury in a bicycle accident. We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of clients throughout the greater Los Angeles area. Let us use our more than 40 years of experience to advocate for you.
Do you have more questions about filing a lawsuit for a bicycle accident? Call us today at (800) 462-7160 to set up your free case consultation. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.