Los Angeles Property Crime Attorney
Types of Federal Property Crimes
Property crimes are usually theft crimes, though they are generally any type of crime that involves the property of another individual or entity. Federal property crimes therefore involve property belonging to or under the jurisdiction of the United States government.
These crimes are found throughout the United States Code (USC) and some are as follows:
- Robbery and burglary (18 USC Chapter 103)
- Personal property of the U.S. (18 USC § 2112)
- Bank robbery (18 USC § 2113)
- Post office robbery (18 USC § 2115)
- Military trespass (18 USC § 1382)
- Stolen property (18 USC Chapter 113)
- Sale or receipt of stolen vehicles (18 USC § 2313)
- Sale or receipt of stolen goods (18 USC § 2315)
- Copyright infringement (18 USC § 2319)
- Music piracy (18 USC § 2319A)
- Film piracy (18 USC § 2319B)
- Chop shops (18 USC § 2322)
The fine for any of these property crimes can be as high as $250,000. As for prison sentences, most sentences are around 10 years, though they may be one year or 15 years for lesser or greater offenses, such as minor copyright infringement or running a chop shop.
Talk to a Property Crime Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA
Charged with a federal crime? Call Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP immediately if you have been arrested on charges of a property crime. Our legal team will fight aggressively in your defense and help you avoid a wrongful conviction and harsh penalties for a crime you are not guilty of committing. We have received the highest possible ratings from Avvo® and the Better Business Bureau®, and we are also AV® rated, so call now for a consultation. With our 50 years of collective criminal experience, we have what it takes to fight for you.
I have nothing but praise.
We are very pleased and impressed!
DEFINITELY the best lawyer
I will recommend you and your firm to anyone
No Jail Time